Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at St. Margaret's School.
St. Margaret's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin in the administration of its hiring practices.
The faculty and staff at St. Margaret's are one of our most valuable assets. We all play a critical role in providing a challenging and supportive environment for our students, preparing them for success in college and in life. In a boarding school environment, learning takes place around the clock and we are committed to helping young women thrive in every aspect of their lives, academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually.
St. Margaret's fosters a strong sense of community and encourages continuing education through professional development funding. In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, St. Margaret's School provides a rich compensation benefits package.
St. Margaret's is located in Tappahannock, Virginia, on the Rappahannock River in Essex County. It is approximately one hour northeast of Richmond and two hours south of the Washington, DC area. A historic town that dates back to the colonial era, Tappahannock offers great shopping, dining and outdoor activities, and is host to many events throughout the year, including the Tappahannock Farmers' Market, RivahFest, and Wine on the Water. We invite you to plan a visit soon.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Co-Coach of a JV or Varsity Athletic Team
St. Margaret's School is seeking experienced coaches to support its diverse program of girls' athletics, including basketball, cross country, field hockey, soccer, softball, swimming and volleyball. Coaches report directly to the Director of Athletics. Salary is to be determined.
Essential duties include:
- Coach all practice sessions and all scheduled games
- Serve as a role model for student athletes both on and off the court/field
- Supervise students continuously while under supervision
- Hold student athletes to high standards both in the classroom, court and field as stated in the Athletic Handbook
- Assume responsibility for care of materials, equipment, and facilities
- Assist with pre-game set up and take down of HOME games
- Attend and present awards to student athletes at Athletic Awards Banquet
- Communicate with student athletes, parents, and Administration regularly
- Transport student athletes to practice and games
- Comply with school and Athletic Department policies and regulations
- Work cooperatively with other coaches (Varsity Coaches only)
- Attend and participate in League of Independent Schools (LIS) voting meeting at the end of season
- Meet all expectations stated in the SMS Handbook for Coaches
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics
Knowledge, experience and other qualifications:
- High School diploma/equivalent required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous coaching experience preferred
- Current CPR / First Aid Certification NFHS “Concussion in Sports” course
Please send a cover letter and resume to Director of Athletics, Cynthia Walker '99, at email@example.com.