Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at St. Margaret's School.
St. Margaret's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin in the administration of its hiring practices.
The faculty and staff at St. Margaret's are, in many ways, our most valuable asset. We all play a critical role in providing a challenging and supportive environment for our students, preparing them for success in college and in life. In a boarding school environment, learning takes place around the clock and we are committed to helping young women thrive in every aspect of their lives - academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually.
Faculty and staff are professional, hard-working, and inspiring. St. Margaret's fosters a strong sense of community and encourages continuing education through professional development funding. In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, St. Margaret's School provides a rich compensation benefits package.
St. Margaret's is located in Tappahannock, Virginia, on the Rappahannock River in Essex County. It is approximately one hour northeast of Richmond and two hours south of Washington, D.C. Although small in size, the Town of Tappahannock offers great shopping and dining, and is host to many events throughout the year: Tappahannock Farmers' Market, RivahFest, and Wine on the Water name only a few. We welcome you to plan a visit and see for yourself.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Full-time, 10-month Position
St. Margaret’s School is conducting a search for an energetic and innovative faculty member to direct the International Program and teach ESL classes. This position will require that the individual embrace the boarding school culture as well as our large and diverse international student population. This is a full-time, 10-month benefited faculty position.
Qualities of a successful candidate will include:
- Experience leading international student academic and residential programming
- Ability to provide support and guidance for international students as they adjust cutlurally and to the unique aspects of a boarding school
- Commitment to bolstering student achievement through various teaching methods and to helping international students obtain English language acquisition stkills necessary to work independently in the mainstream college preparatory curriculum
- Willingness to work closely with fellow teachers in the ESL department and school administrators to ensure academic integration, support the total school program and further the mission of the school
- Belief in the transformative power of a girls’ school
- A master’s degree or Virginia teaching certification is preferred
- Ability and enthusiasm for coaching welcome
It is preferred that the individual live on campus and have interest in serving as a hall adult in one of the residence halls.
Founded in 1921, St. Margaret’s School is an Episcopal boarding and day school for over 125 girls in grades 8 – 12. The student body represents 11 states and 15 countries. Located on the banks of the Rappahannock River in Tappahannock, Virginia, an hour northeast of Richmond, St. Margaret’s blends a unique combination of the intimacy of a small school with impressive academic and co-curricular offerings.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to Keith Krusz, Dean of Faculty, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Margaret’s is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin in the administration of its hiring practices.
St. Margaret’s School is conducting a search for an energetic and qualified athletic coach for one or more of the following teams: basketball, soccer, softball, swimming.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to Director of Athletics, Cynthia Walker '99, at email@example.com.