St. Margaret's At-a-Glance 2015- 2016
St. Margaret's School is located in Tappahannock, Virginia, on the Rappahannock River in Essex County. St. Margaret's is approximately one hour east of Richmond and two hours southeast of Washington, DC. Click here for maps and directions.
Head of School:
Lindy MacDonald Williams
Girls, grades 8-12
80% Boarding/ 20% Day
12% Students of Color
St. Margaret's is accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools.
Tuition and Financial Aid:
Community Service, students provide nearly 3,500 volunteer hours to organizations in the Tappahannock area and in their home communities
International Exchanges, an option to spend a month or more studying in Chile or New Zealand at a sister school that also is named for St. Margaret of Scotland
Minimester, a two-week winter term when students can take enrichment courses or go on an educational trip. Seniors spend two weeks as an intern in a field of potential career interest through the Independent Study Program.
River Program, an emphasis that spans the curriculum, co-curriculum and residential life and exposes girls to hands-on science, water sports, and volunteer service
- Council for the Advancement and Support of Education
- National Association of Episcopal Schools
- National Association of Independent Schools
- National Coalition of Girls' Schools
- Secondary Schools Admission Test Board
- Small Boarding Schools Association
- The Association of Boarding Schools
- Virginia Association of Independent Schools