The St. Margaret’s School College Counseling Office helps students and their families prepare for the college application process. Because we know each student and her personal preferences, we can effectively seek colleges that are the right fit. St. Margaret's School students are accepted into some of the country's most selective colleges and universities, but more importantly, schools in which they will continue to grow and find success.
College counseling resources we provide are:
- One-on-one consultation to generate an individualized college list for each student so she and her parents can conduct further research and visit campuses.
- College Tour to visit six or more college campuses.
- Fall Kaplan SAT preparation course (additional fee).
- Young Alumnae Luncheon in which recent St. Margaret’s graduates return to share college experiences and advice with current juniors and seniors.
- Visits to the St. Margaret’s campus by multiple college admission representatives each year.
- College admission program for juniors and parents during Fall Family Weekend, often including presentations by college admission consultants or college admission officers.
- School-sponsored trip to the Richmond-Area Independent Schools College Fair, at which more than 200 institutions are represented.