Summer Reading Program
The Summer Reading List was compiled after consulting teachers, librarians, bookstores, booklists, and journals. Although students are free to read any book on the list, suggested grade levels are given for each book. Students should read books they have not previously read, and we encourage everyone to choose at least one book they find challenging either topically or linguistically.
Feel free to use the St. Margaret's Bookstore in partnership with Amazon.com
for discounts on books. For ordering and book reviews, click on the title of your preferred book choice. Purchases made through Amazon.com earn St. Margaret's School up to 15% return on each purchase. Contact Dale Harter
if you have further questions.
- Returning domestic and international students are required to read three books form the Summer Reading List. Returning students cannot read a book that they read and reported on for a previous summer reading assignment at St. Margaret's School.
- New international students are not required to fulfill a summer reading requirement.
- New domestic students who enroll June 1-30 are required to read three books from the Summer Reading List.
- New domestic students who enroll July 1-31 are required to read two books from the Summer Reading List.
- New domestic students who enroll August 1-15 are required to read one book from the Summer Reading List.
- New domestic students who enroll after August 15 are not required to fulfill a summer reading requirement.
Each student is required to completely fill out a response sheet for each book they read and turn them into their English teacher on the first day of class. If a student does not completely fill out each response sheet or does not turn them in on the first day of class, she will not receive a passing grade. A copy of that response sheet can be found at the end of this document.Click here
to access the 2015-2016 reading list.Click here
to access the mandatory reading response sheet.