Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at St. Margaret's School. We value our faculty and staff as one of the school's great assets because we all play an important part in providing a supportive environment where girls feel motivated and capable of stepping up to be their best.
Boarding school life is active, and we are committed to helping girls thrive academically, socially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, St. Margaret's provides a full compensation benefits package, and we support continuing education through professional development.
Our beautiful, historic campus in Tappahannock, VA is on the banks of the Rappahannock River in Essex County, approximately one hour northeast of Richmond, two hours south of the Washington, DC metro area, and approximately two hours from the Virginia Beach area.
St. Margaret's School is currently filling the following positions:
Bookkeeper: Full-time, 12-month Position
St. Margaret's is seeking a full-time bookkeeper to work in the Business Office. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Accounts payable, including credit card reconciliation
- Accounts receivable, including invoicing and collections
- Cash Management
- Bank account reconciliation
- General journal entries
- Benefits administration
- Manage school store
- Supply purchases
Qualities of a successful candidate will include:
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping and general accounting practices
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Sound judgement and solid decision-making ability
- Maintains confidentiality on sensitive matters
- Demonstrated skill using computerized financial systems, fluent in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Financial software a plus
Benefits: Salary based on experience. Comprehensive benefits plan. Fun, collaborative working environment.
Send a cover letter and resume to: Nancy Smith, Chief Financial Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Math Teacher: Full-time, 10-month Position
St. Margaret’s School is conducting a search for an energetic and innovative faculty member to teach math. This position will teach a variety of math offerings and will be expected to engage fully in school life. We prefer the individual live on campus. Interest in serving as a hall adult in a residence hall is a plus. This is a full-time, 10-month benefited faculty position.
Qualities of a successful candidate will include:
- Aptitude for teaching upper level math
- Enthusiasm for creative teaching, professional growth, and applying technology
- Belief in the transformative power of a girls’ school
- A master’s degree or Virginia teaching certification preferred
- Ability and enthusiasm for coaching welcome
Please send a cover letter and resume to Keith Krusz, Dean of Faculty at email@example.com
Development Database Coordinator: Full-time, 12-month Position, Non-Exempt
Join the Development team at an exciting time in the school’s history. This is a key position within the Development Office, requiring a highly-organized individual with keen attention to detail and an interest in working with a wide range of stakeholders across school (staff and students), donors, and alumnae. This position plays an important role in supporting the Development Office’s work to strengthen donor commitment to the school and long-term institutional engagement and investment.
It is essential that the candidate have a proven track record in organizing and managing a diverse workload with competing priorities and deadlines. The position supports the Development Director and the rest of the Development Office in delivering a wide range of fundraising and alumnae relations activities, including preparation for committees and board meetings, arranging travel, coordinating stewardship activities, updating the database and gift processing, and assisting with school events, among other responsibilities.The candidate should be self-motivated and a good team player with excellent interpersonal skills. Experience working in a school environment would be beneficial as well as experience in fundraising and alumnae relations activities.
- High school diploma; college degree preferred
- Experience in a customer service related field
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience with customer relationship management database (i.e., Salesforce, Donor Perfect, Zoho, etc.); Raiser's Edge NXT preferred
- Professional demeanor and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work some weekends to support students
- Flexibility to work extra hours for development-related weekends and evening events
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and references via email to Stephen Davenport, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make A Difference ... Be A Scottie Coach!
St. Margaret’s Athletics Department needs coaches who want to make a difference in a young woman’s life. We coach and support student-athletes to be part of a team, push to be their best, and belong to something bigger than themselves. We currently need for coaches for Cross Country, Field Hockey, Volleyball, Basketball, Swimming, and Softball. Contact Director of Athletics, Cynthia Walker at email@example.com for more information.
Join our Dining Services Team.
Sage Dining Services supports our school community with nutritious meals everyday and makes our events really special. Currently they are seeking a dishwasher, an experienced cook, and a salad prep/server. Sage is known for exceptional dining experiences and these are opportunities to put your skills to work in a supportive community that appreciates the contribution the dining team makes to our well-being. Check out his video to learn more about opportunities with Sage.
St. Margaret’s is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin in the administration of its hiring practices.