St. Margaret’s School is an all-girls school located on the banks of the Rappahannock River in Virginia. The mission of St. Margaret’s is to provide a learning environment where girls know they belong, are challenged and supported to believe in themselves, and prepared to become their best. We inspire girls to reach their full potential and make a better world.
St. Margaret’s School offers a competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
St. Margaret's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin in the administration of its hiring practices.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Advancement Coordinator Position
St. Margaret’s School is seeking an Advancement Coordinator to immediately join the team for a successful 2020-2021 academic year. The ideal candidate is an organized, detail-oriented, effective communicator with a demonstrated desire to work in an independent school setting.
- Collaborating with prospective families from initial inquiry and through the application and interview process.
- Facilitating scheduling of tours, student visits and interviews.
- Managing data and student files related to the application process with significant attention to detail.
- Assisting Directors in tracking data and generating statistical reports.
- Supporting Development and Alumnae Relations by aiding in board meeting preparation, arranging travel, coordinating stewardship activities, data entry, and gift processing.
- Assisting in the planning, organization, correspondence, and execution of Admissions & Development events. Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events may be required.
- Functioning as liaison to the Business Office.
- Assisting with general admission and development communications.
- Supporting families in submission of Financial Aid applications
- Coordinating Financial Aid communications with families and the Financial Aid Committee.
- Acting as a residential faculty member including 1 night weekly of residential hall duty and 8-9 weekends per school year of weekend duty.
- Fostering a boarding school mentality of teamwork and belonging.
- A willingness to uphold the mission of the school.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A demonstrated interest and ability to work with financial data in a range of digital formats.
- An ability to write coherently and edit effectively.
- A demonstrated desire for continual professional growth in an independent school setting.
- A willingness to learn the many benefits of an all-girls schooling environment.
- An ability to communicate thoughtfully with prospective students, colleagues, current students, families, alumnae, and various community members.
- An ability to work effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
- A desire to contribute to all areas of school life, including athletics, co-curricular programming, and residential life.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume “Attention: Advancement Coordinator Position” to Tracie Mothershead at email@example.com.
This is a full-time, 12 month position reporting directly to the Assistant Head of School for External Affairs. St. Margaret’s School provides a competitive salary and benefits package that may include campus housing. All meals are provided when school is in session.
Be A Scottie Coach!
St. Margaret’s Athletics Department needs coaches who want to make a difference in a young woman’s life. We coach and support student-athletes to be part of a team, push to be their best, and belong to something bigger than themselves. We need soccer and JV softball coaches for this spring. Contact Director of Athletics, Cynthia Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804)443-3357 ext 3034 for more information.
St. Margaret's school is seeking part-time custodians. This is an hourly position M-F and needs to be filled within the next 2-3 weeks. Due to Covid-19 we are not allowing visitors to the campus. Applications can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com or by phoning 804-445-5357. St. Margaret's School is an equal opportunity employer.