Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at St. Margaret's School. We are a welcoming, diverse community that nurtures a strong sense of unity and well-being. We value our faculty and staff as one of the school's great assets because we all play an important part in providing a supportive environment where girls feel motivated and capable of stepping up to be their best.
Boarding school life is active, and we are committed to helping young women thrive academically, socially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Faculty and staff are encouraged to grow and thrive in their life here. In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, St. Margaret's provides a full compensation benefits package, and we support continuing education through professional development.
Our beautiful, historic campus is located in Tappahannock, VA on the Rappahannock River in Essex County, approximately one hour northeast of Richmond, two hours south of the Washington, DC metro area, and approximately two hours from the Virginia Beach area. Tappahannock offers shopping, dining and outdoor activities, and is host to many events throughout the year. Please plan a visit to campus soon.
St. Margaret's School is currently filling the following positions:
Admission Communications Coordinator
St. Margaret’s School is seeking an energetic, creative, and team-oriented Admission Communications Coordinator to assist with communications, marketing, and admission to the school. The Coordinator will be expected to also engage fully in school life, and may be required to perform some weekend duty. In addition, the position requires that the individual serve as a hall adult, living on campus with young girls in one of the residence halls. This is a full-time, 12-month benefitted position that reports to the Director of Enrollment.
Qualities of a successful candidate include:
- Basic familiarity with communications and marketing principles, and some experience applying them in a professional setting
- Strong problem solver who takes initiative, is well-organized, and has the ability to self-teach
- Attention to detail, confidentiality, flexibility, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively on deadline-driven assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Effective interpersonal communication skills and a foundation in writing for business
- Enthusiasm for marketing, social media, and creative design, including web content management, photography, and multimedia/video production
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with alumnae, current families and students, educational consultants, agents, and feeder schools
- An appreciation and understanding of the important mission of a girls’ school with a diverse population and eagerness to be involved in the life of the school
- Bachelor’s degree
Technology requirements: fluency in Microsoft Office applications and/or the Google suite, some proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other applications. Some awareness or proficiency with contact list management and email production using Constant Contact, MailChimp or a similar application. Social media fluency on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and other channels. Experience writing for digital media preferred.
Please send a cover letter, references, and a resume to email@example.com
Math Teacher: Full-time, 10-month Position
St. Margaret’s School is conducting a search for an energetic and innovative faculty member to teach math. This position will teach a variety of math offerings and will be expected to engage fully in school life. In addition, the position requires that the individual serve as a hall adult, living on campus in a girls-only residence hall. This is a full-time, 10-month benefited faculty position.
Qualities of a successful candidate will include:
- Aptitude for teaching upper level math
- Enthusiasm for creative teaching, professional growth, and applying technology
- Belief in the transformative power of a girls’ school
- A master’s degree or Virginia teaching certification is preferred
- Ability and enthusiasm for coaching welcome
Please send a cover letter and resume to Keith Krusz, Dean of Faculty at firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Margaret’s is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin in the administration of its hiring practices.