St. Margaret’s School is an all-girls school located on the banks of the Rappahannock River in Virginia. The mission of St. Margaret’s is to provide a learning environment where girls know they belong, are challenged and supported to believe in themselves, and prepared to become their best. We inspire girls to reach their full potential and make a better world.
St. Margaret’s School offers a competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
St. Margaret's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin in the administration of its hiring practices.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
The St. Margaret’s Fellowship in Boarding School Life
St. Margaret’s School seeks candidates for a fellowship in boarding school life. This fellowship is an opportunity to explore the advantages of a career in a boarding school community. This fellowship’s duration is from January, 2021 until June 9, 2021.
The St. Margaret’s Fellow will:
- Act as an academic coach to select groups of students with the mentorship of the Assistant Head of School for Internal Affairs and Wheat Center Chair;
- Act as a support teacher in a differentiated course for general education and students learning English as a new language;
- Act as a residential hall adult to a community of boarding students with the mentorship of the Director of Residence Life;
- Act as an assistant athletic coach, as opportunities allow, in the spring season or sponsor an after-school activity;
- Act as a co-adviser to a small group of students alongside a faculty mentor;
- Embrace and participate in River Program outdoor activities;
- Foster the Episcopal identity of the school by attending Chapel twice weekly with the community;
- Engage in faculty efforts to enrich and expand the curriculum and development of St. Margaret’s students;
- Receive weekly mentorship coaching and support from various members of the SMS Administrative Team.
The SMS Fellow will receive a stipend, housing (including all utilities), meals (when school is in session), medical and retirement benefits.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited, 4 year institution.
- A desire to experience and contribute to a boarding school community.
- A demonstrated desire for continual growth.
- A curiosity about best practices for academics, athletics, and co-curricular programming in an all-girls setting.
- An ability to learn effective communication techniques to best build relationships with students, colleagues, parents, and various community members.
- A willingness to uphold the mission of the school.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume “Attention: St. Margaret’s Fellowship” to Athletic Director Cynthia Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be A Scottie Coach!
St. Margaret’s Athletics Department needs coaches who want to make a difference in a young woman’s life. We coach and support student-athletes to be part of a team, push to be their best, and belong to something bigger than themselves. We need soccer and JV softball coaches for this spring. Contact Director of Athletics, Cynthia Walker at email@example.com or (804)443-3357 ext 3034 for more information.
St. Margaret's school is seeking part-time custodians. This is an hourly position M-F and needs to be filled within the next 2-3 weeks. Due to Covid-19 we are not allowing visitors to the campus. Applications can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 804-445-5357. St. Margaret's School is an equal opportunity employer.