St. Margaret’s School is an all-girls school located on the banks of the Rappahannock River in Virginia. The mission of St. Margaret’s is to provide a learning environment where girls know they belong, are challenged and supported to believe in themselves, and prepared to become their best. We inspire girls to reach their full potential and make a better world.
St. Margaret’s School offers a competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
St. Margaret's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin in the administration of its hiring practices.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Be A Scottie Coach!
St. Margaret’s Athletics Department needs coaches who want to make a difference in a young woman’s life. We coach and support student-athletes to be part of a team, push to be their best, and belong to something bigger than themselves. We need soccer and JV softball coaches for this spring. Contact Director of Athletics, Cynthia Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804)443-3357 ext 3034 for more information.
Spanish Teacher Position
St. Margaret’s School is seeking a Spanish teacher for the 2020 - 2021 academic year. In addition to inspiring students through the instruction of Spanish, the ideal candidate may have a background in the humanities including French or other languages.
- Teaching 4-5 sections of varying levels of Spanish.
- Acting as an adviser to a small group of students.
- Acting as a member of a class sponsor team.
- Supporting co-curricular efforts including Days of Service and Wellness programming with attendance and enthusiasm.
- Embracing and participating in River Program outdoor activities with class sponsor team.
- Acting as a residential faculty member including 1 night weekly of residential hall duty and 8-9 weekends per school year of weekend duty.
- Coaching or sponsoring 2 trimesters of an after school activity or sport.
- Fostering the Episcopal identity of the school by attending Chapel twice weekly with the community.
- Engaging in departmental, cross-disciplinary, and whole faculty efforts to enrich and expand the curriculum and the development of St. Margaret’s students.
- Fostering a boarding school mentality of teamwork and belonging.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Spanish or a related field with an advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in an independent school setting.
- A demonstrated desire for continual professional growth.
- An understanding of contemporary best practices for the instruction of Spanish.
- A willingness to learn best methods for teaching in an all-girls environment.
- An ability to communicate thoughtfully with students, colleagues, parents, and various community members.
- An ability to teach effectively in block periods, including appropriate use of blended learning and differentiation.
- A desire to contribute to all areas of school life, including athletics and co-curricular programming.
- A willingness to uphold the mission of the school.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume “Attention: Spanish Faculty Position” to Tracie Mothershead at email@example.com.
St. Margaret's school is seeking part-time custodians. This is an hourly position M-F and needs to be filled within the next 2-3 weeks. Due to Covid-19 we are not allowing visitors to the campus. Applications can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 804-445-5357. St. Margaret's School is an equal opportunity employer.