The Chinn House
Situated on the north end of campus, the Chinn House offers comfortable, elegant overnight accommodations for St. Margaret’s alumnae, campus guests, and visitors attending campus events.
The traditional two-story brick home offers three bedrooms: two with two twin beds and a master with a queen and two twin beds to maximize flexibility. There are two and a half baths in the home.Wireless Internet access is available throughout the approximately 3,000 sq. ft. home.
Guests may also relax in the front of the Living Room fireplace or the sitting room with cable television. The first floor features galley kitchen, central dining room, screened patio and fenced lawn.
Alumnae, staff, and faculty may reserve rooms for their friends and family three weeks prior to arrival. Non-alumnae guests may also reserve rooms three weeks in advance of their arrival.
- Alumnae $175 for the first night; $125 each additional night
- Non-Alumnae: $275 per night
- Current Faculty & Staff: Inquire for Rates
- Pet Fee: $50 for a pet under 25 pounds
We accept check or cash (exact change is appreciated).
For more information or to make reservations, contact Joycelyn Blizzard at 804.443.3357 ext. 3014 or by email at email@example.com
Built in the early 1950s by Dr. Joseph W. and Evelyn Chinn, the Chinn House is where they raised three sons. Dr. Chinn was the physician for St. Margaret’s and the town. Mrs. Chinn also worked for St. Margaret’s as the school’s development and communications administrator for over 20 years. The Chinn family graciously sold the home to the school in December 1983. It served as the home of Head of School from that time until 2016. Since July 2017, it is the home on campus for alumnae and community members alike to enjoy.
St. Margaret’s School reserves the Chinn House for guests. The following procedures and rules pertain to making and canceling reservations for on-campus overnight accommodations in the facilities:
- Reservations will be accepted Monday through Friday during regular business hours. Reservations may be made by calling 804-443-3357 ext. 3014 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. and check-out time is by 11:00 a.m.
- The Chinn House is a 100% non-smoking and pet-friendly facility.