Belong. Believe. Become.
We express our mission and vision in three powerful words that describe the experience we promote for each student and our community:
St. Margaret's is a diverse, inclusive community that respects the uniqueness of each individual. We are welcoming, supportive, and non-judgemental, and encourage girls to be themselves.
We believe in in the power of all girls. We support and challenge them to believe in their potential and help them develop self-confidence. Our tradition as an Episcopal school also teaches girls to believe in something greater than themselves. St. Margaret's Honor Code also teaches girls to conduct themselves with integrity, build trust, and believe in one another.
Exploring what a girl becomes is the essence of the St. Margaret's experience. Girls stretch, learn, and grow here in all areas of their lives. They take safe risks, push themselves, build their skills, and graduate prepared to succeed in college and life. Once they leave campus, they become part of a powerful sisterhood of alumnae who stay connected and support one another. And, our Scotties are always welcome home.
Our goal is for each member of our community to be:
- Intellectually Honest: making reasoned judgments, accepting constructive advice and consequences
- Respectful: taking responsibility for actions and showing sensitivity and generosity, expressing appreciation for the values of community spirit
- Responsible: being prepared to learn in attitude and behavior, exemplifying honor and good character, and seeking a healthy, balanced life in body, mind, and spirit
- Engaged: actively making connections among the disciplines, being open to new ideas and perspectives, seeking relevance personally and universally, developing, implementing, and communicating new ideas
- Self-motivated: raising questions, seeking evidence, and pursuing knowledge for the love of learning while working independently and cooperatively
- Flexible: using a variety of sources, approaches and experiences, understanding and respecting multiple perspectives, and taking meaningful risks
- Confident: identifying strengths, believing in one's abilities, demonstrating knowledge, leadership, and service, while applying appropriate skills and knowledge in an ever-changing world
These qualities will enable our students, faculty, and staff to become:
- Creative Problem Solvers: making reasoned judgments, using creative and critical thinking skills, designing and implementing multiple strategies to solve problems
- Effective Communicators and Collaborators: developing, implementing, and communicating ideas effectively, working with others, being open and responsive to new ideas
- Morally Courageous Members of a Community: exemplifying our mission and vision, having a well-formed conscience, demonstrating awareness of interdependence and a sense of responsibility towards the environment and humanity
St. Margaret's actively seeks and admits qualified students of any race, color, religious affiliation, national or ethnic origin.