The Power of All-Girls
As an all-girls boarding and day school, we believe there is enormous potential and power in being a girl. We value the uniqueness of every girl and support her individual learning needs. Our girls are surrounded by young, driven women like themselves in our inclusive community where students stretch, grow, and thrive. We promote confidence-building, provide an environment where girls’ voices are heard, and where they are inspired to be their best. Girls have opportunities here to be engaged, both in and outside the classroom, which helps empower them academically, emotionally, and spiritually. Girls at St. Margaret’s aren’t just students—they are athletes, artists, scientists, explorers, and leaders. Our close-knit community gives girls opportunities to develop their voice, explore their passions, and become part of a global sisterhood.
We believe in the transformative power of a girls' school experience at St. Margaret's, an with many benefits that can only be found in a single-sex environment, including the following:
- Builds self-confidence
- Encourages academic performance
- Develops leadership skills
- Heightens career aspirations
- Offers fewer classroom distractions
- Promotes opportunities for girls to find their voice
- Emphasizes STEM
- Provides a supportive environment
- Promotes positive relationships with faculty and staff
- Encourages well-rounded interests
- Allows for self-expression
- Encourages lasting friendships and a sisterhood bond
Girls' school graduates are twice as likely to earn a doctoral degree and 80% hold leadership positions after graduation. Our sisterhood of accomplished alumnae credit St. Margaret's for providing the tools they need for success. Hear from some of our alumnae.