Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Annual Fund?
- What are the giving levels of the Annual Fund?
- What is the difference in an unrestricted gift and a restricted gift?
- Who gives to the Annual Fund?
- Why give to the Annual Fund?
- Do teachers support the Annual Fund?
- Can donations be made to the Annual Fund at any time during the year? I am expecting a tax refund and would like to use a portion of that as a donation. How flexible can my payments be on an Annual Fund pledge?
- Are donors of the Annual Fund recognized in the Annual Report?
Our Annual Fund is a unrestricted endowment that supports 4% of our operating budget and therefore makes a significant impact in all areas of school life, most notably in the areas of academic and athletic programs, scholarships, faculty professional development, and physical plant. Annual Fund campaigns help make up the difference between what tuition covers and the actual cost of our school's operation.
The Annual Fund helps to support the operating expenses of St. Margaret's School and makes a significant impact in all areas of school life, most notably in the areas of academic and athletic programs, scholarships, faculty professional development, and physical plant. Your contribution ensures that St. Margaret's evolves into an even better place for our girls to live and learn.
Yes! Pledge payments aren't due until June 30. But we need to secure pledges now, as they represent money that we count on to fund operations in this year's budget. Pledges may be paid by check, MasterCard, VISA, Discover, through gifts of stock, or in cash. Payments can be made in person, through the mail or online through the secure giving site at www.sms.org/giving